How Pregnancy Occurs
Pregnancy takes place when a sperm from a male body fertilizes an egg from a female body. A sperm can meet and fertilize an egg in many different ways:
- Sperm ejaculated from a penis into a vagina
- Sperm getting into a vagina through fingers
- Sperm ejaculated near a vagina
- Pre-cum getting into or near a vagina
- Semen inserted into a vagina through artificial insemination or an egg fertilized outside the body and then placed into the uterus
This means penetration is not necessary to get pregnant.